Phew! 50 movies is a lot (if I do say so myself). It’s been a fun ride. I can’t believe I actually made it through. I thought this links page would make it easier to keep track; and anyone who wants to jump over to another movie can use the links here.
Thanks for playing along with me to varying degrees, everyone. It meant a lot for me to see the various Likes and comments on my posts (sometimes within seconds of my posting). The worst thing a blogger can feel is that no one is reading their stuff.
Here are some interesting conclusions about this movie marathon:
- I watched the most movies (3 each) starring Matt Damon and Daniel Craig. I like both actors very much. They’ve both come into their own as versatile “everymen” who can play everything from somewhat average husbands to super-human action heroes.
- I watched 2 whole movies out of 50 (that’s 4% if you’re counting) from Norway. What up, Norway! You guys are making some great movies. One of them (Headhunters) was the highest rated of my entire 50!
- I don’t have actual numbers, but probably close to half of the movies on this list were adaptations or remakes of a book, play, comic, or original movie.
- I watched every major genre out there (except gangster movies — yes, I’m counting Cowboys vs. Aliens as a western.) and my favourite is still a toss up between sci-fi and spy-fi.
- Interesting that my top rated movie Headhunters came right after my least favourite movie We Need To Talk About Kevin. Nevertheless, my favourite surprise was how much I loved Real Steel (pictured above).
I hope I’ve inspired others to enjoy some of these movies as well.